Scholarship awards are presented to NAHN-New Jersey members enrolled in accredited nursing programs.
Selection of recipients is based on need, current academic standing, and the following criteria listed below. Scholarship recipients and members of National Association of Hispanic Nurses Association (NAHN) and NAHN-New Jersey who demonstrate a promise of professional contributions to the nursing profession and who have the potential to act as role models for other aspiring nursing students. The number of scholarships offered each year is dependent upon the amount in the scholarship fund. Criteria for the Scholarship Awards include:
- NAHN-New Jersey scholarship application form completed by the student and submitted by the deadline date.
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation from two faculty members outlining the applicant’s academic/clinical excellence and potential future professional contributions to the nursing profession.
- An essay with 500 words or less (using Times New Roman – 12 font), written by the student. Essay question(s) will be within the scholarship application.
- A resume, with education, emplyment include earned certificates, awards, community service, and special honors. Provide a copy of any NAHN-New Jersey Certificates of Appreciation received and/or list NAHN-New Jersey volunteer opportunities participated in within the last year.
- Provide an estimate of educational expenses, including any other financial aid for the year requested.
- An official transcript from applicant’s college, university, or Nursing Program.
- In academic good standing (minimum GPA of 3.0 preferred, but not required).
- Must be an active-registered NAHN-New Jersey member for at least THREE (3) months prior to the application deadline.
- Proof of volunteering/attending at least 2 NAHN-New Jersey events/activities within 6 months of applying for a scholarship (submit certificates of participation, if any). *Includes virtual/teleconference meetings*
- Scholarship Winners will be required to remain an active member by committing to volunteer for at least 2 outreach/events within one year following receipt of the scholarship and sign letter of commitment.
- Awardees may reapply and receive a scholarship for one additional year (Limit of 2 consecutive years).
*Attendance to Scholarship Gala in October 2020 is mandatory for receipt of scholarship award.*
Please note: Check will not be distributed at the Gala.
Our Previous Scholarship Winners
Marilyn Moran, Cindy De La Cruz, and Aramis Arroyo