Chair of Nursing Department (Associate or Full Professor)
College of Staten Island
FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The School of Health Sciences, Department of Nursing, at the College of Staten Island (CSI), currently seeks candidates for the position of Chairperson in Nursing at the Associate or full Professor rank. The position is anticipated to begin August 1, 2024. The Department offers AAS, RN to BS, MS (CNS, NP, and Certificates) which are accredited through 2031. A DNP program is up for re-accreditation in Spring 2025. A 4-year Generic BS program is in the planning stages. The CSI Nursing chairperson position presents an exceptional opportunity for the successful candidate to participate in the continued intellectual and institutional growth and development of the long-standing Nursing Department within the City University of New York.
The College of Staten Island is one of the 11 senior colleges of the 24 colleges and institutions that comprise The City University of New York (CUNY). The four schools and two academic divisions of the College serve more than 10,000 students and offer a broad range of academic programs in the liberal arts and sciences, and in several professional areas. The College awards associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, certificates, and professional doctorate degrees, and PhD degrees through The CUNY Graduate Center. CSI’s internationally recognized faculty passionately engages in scholarly and artistic activities, and together with a strong professional staff, provide transformational learning experiences both inside and outside the classroom for the diverse student body. The 204-acre park-like Willowbrook campus incorporates a residential component, and in 2017 the College expanded its institutional footprint and accessibility with the opening of the St. George location in the heart of Staten Island’s economic renaissance on the north shore of the island. The College is a hub of intellectual and artistic activity, and is committed to its role as an anchor institution and community partner including for economic impact and job creation for the greater Staten Island area.
Reporting to the Dean, responsibilities of the position include the following:
- The Department Chair serves as the academic and administrative leader and provides vision and leadership for the department in alignment with the mission and strategic goals of the College and of CUNY.
- The Department Chair has overall responsibility for the management of the department.
- Responsibilities of the departmental chairperson include implementing departmental policies; presiding at department meetings; overseeing the recruitment, hiring, guidance, evaluation, reappointment, and promotion of faculty members; managing the departmental budget; overseeing curriculum and curricular changes; preparing class schedules; assigning teaching and administrative responsibilities to faculty members; and maintaining departmental records.
- In the Nursing Department, ensuring compliance with the standards of the New York State Education Department and the accrediting agency, ACEN, is essential.
- The College’s faculty, administration, and staff are committed to educational excellence as they instill in students an enduring love of learning and respect for pluralism and diversity. The College community recognizes its responsibility to strive for the common good, including an informed appreciation for the interdependence of all people, as well as providing students with the opportunities for successful future careers.
Ph.D. degree in area(s) of experience or equivalent. Also required are the ability to teach successfully, demonstrated scholarship or achievement, and ability to cooperate with others for the good of the institution. Candidates must have or be eligible for a New York Staten RN license. Preferred qualifications include:
- Previous Chairperson or administrative experience.
- Five (5) years teaching experience in a variety of programs including graduate education (NP, CNS, and DNP programs).
- Experience with accreditation and writing curricular and administrative reports.
- Experience with active learning strategies and simulation reflective of current best educational practices.
- Five (5) years of Clinical expertise (all specialties will be considered).
- AGNP/CNS, CNE or AACN specialty certification highly desired.
- Record of service including academic and professional service, and mentoring. The candidate must have a strong commitment to the goals of public higher education.
Associate Professor: $107,789 – $117,805
Full Professor: $117,805 – $141,858
Salary commensurate with education and experience. In addition, the position offers:
- Opportunity for Remote work
- Additional compensation available for summer chair up to 60 hours
- Relocation reimbursement
- Start-up research package
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please visit http://cuny.jobs/ and enter the Job ID# 27692 in the “What” section field or going directly to: https://cuny.jobs/staten-island-ny/chair-of-nursing-department-associate-or-full-professor/0B88D32D24AC4B509E8C6ABCD3B39383/job/
Candidates must attach a resume, cover letter, and three professional references (name, title, organization, and contact information) as one file. If you have difficulty uploading documents to the website please send them to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 22, 2024
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Holy Name Medical Center – Teaneck, NJ
We are hiring for the following nursing positions:
- Oncology Nurse – Job Code 0269
- Endoscopy Nurse – Job Code 0450
- Interventional Radiology – Job code 1492
Address any inquiries to Diane Gannon at email@example.com.