Position: Assistant Nurse Manager
Bergen Volunteer Medical Initiative, Inc. (BVMI) is seeking an assistant nurse manager to work approximately for 24 hours per week scheduled over 3 weekdays at the BVMI Healthcare Center located in downtown Hackensack, NJ.
- The BVMI Healthcare Center is a warm, caring facility providing free primary health care to our Bergen County neighbors who do not have health insurance and can’t afford to pay for coverage or care. Working with patients of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds, treating patients with dignity, respect, and compassion, and striving to meet the highest standards of medical practice provides true career gratification.
- Responsibilities include supervising the nursing staff and managing patient flow during days on duty, as well as patient follow-up.
- Requirements include current NJ licensure with 3-5 years management experience in a primary care medical center and familiarity with the use of electronic medical records; fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Opportunity for a nurse looking to scale down from a full-time position.